Cinnamon Roll Crusted Pecan Pie
Submitted by: Angela Turner
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 ¾ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons of Corn Starch
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Cold Water
- 2 ½ Cups of Pecans
- 2 Rolls of Refrigerated Uncooked Cinnamon Rolls
- Flour Cooking Tools/Utensils o 8 Inch Glass Pie Container
- 2 Ramekins
- Rolling Pin
- Cooling Rack
- Mixing Bowl
- Sauce Pan
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place about a teaspoon of flour into the glass pie container and spread around all around the container – this will prevent the cinnamon roll crust from sticking.
3. Roll out the cinnamon rolls:
a. Spread flour on your rolling surface and your rolling pin – this will prevent the cinnamon rolls from sticking on your surface and rolling pin.
b. Remove the cinnamon rolls from the packages and begin to individually flatten each slice to about a ¼ inch or a little less.
c. Place the flattened slices of cinnamon rolls on to the glass pie container. Overlap the pieces together and firmly press the pieces together. You will have extra pieces. Use the extra pieces to place into the ramekins as these can be used as single servings.
4. Combine the ingredients listed below into a mixing bowl and whisk together: a. Sugar b. Corn Syrup c. Butter d. Water e. Corn Starch
5. Place the mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil – keep stirring as the mixture is coming to a boil.
6. Remove from heat.
7. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the 3 eggs.
8. Add the cooked ingredients from Step 4.
9. Add Salt, Vanilla and Pecans.
10. Pour the mixture into the pie container and ramekins.
11.For the pie, tuck the excess cinnamon roll around the pecan mixture – use a fork to compress the cinnamon roll
12. Place the pie and ramekins into the oven. Bake the ramekins for about 15 – 20 minutes. The pie will bake for about 35 – 40 minutes.
13. When done, use the icing from the cinnamon rolls to place around the crust.